Monday, May 24, 2004

Score one for the sanctity of marriage.

So I was doing my graduation announcements, and I was addressing Auntie Karen's and Uncle Bryan's envelope, and I asked Dad what their address was. It turns out that they've gotten a divorce, Uncle Bryan is no longer in the picture, and Auntie Karen isn't speaking to anyone in the family. Damn it all. They were fundies, too. Hard core. This was the guy who basically converted my sister before she even knew what was happening (for those of you who know the story). And my aunt got just as bad. And now, these right-wing anti-gay-marriage Bushies are getting a divorce because shit was getting too hard. At least that's my understanding of it, I know that they were in some bad times financially and had been getting in fights because of it. But really, was there any reason for my aunt to completely separate herself from the family? What does she think we'll do to her? If anything, none of us were too fond of Bryan in the first place. Not that I know of anyway.

In other news today, it seems I won't have to quit Center Stage... she's flexible enough with scheduling that I can have full availability at McD and just tell her when I can be in. Until Halloween season, anyway... that's when things get scary (no pun intended). It's a costume shop, and she needs everyone to work extra hours for the entire month. I'll be starting college in October. Boy, won't this be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home