Thursday, December 23, 2004

Copied from Harmonic Analysis. Seemed like a good thing to do. **Song lyrics added**

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Been in a serious relationship lasting longer than a month, been in a car accident, said "I love you" to someone not Shannon and meant it, realized how fucked up a lot of my views are, went to college, took the train, went to the city by myself, actively tried to work religion into my daily life, had two jobs at once, actually hung out with coworkers outside of work, went to an actual party, had a weblog, drank enough alcohol to get buzzed, went to a horse race, and actually had a social life.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember what last year's were. This year I resolve to stop procrastinating and focus more on spritual things.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but I found out that a girl I worked with at Hallmark and had a class with had a baby a couple months ago.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Great-Grandma... or was that last year? I forgot.
5. What countries did you visit?
None.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
My own place.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The first day of school, because it was the first time I'd ever gone to the city by myself and actually had to fend for myself.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying drug-free... hey, with the company I keep, that's a big accomplishment.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Procrastinating so much.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing not chronic (that being ADD).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't have enough money to buy anything besides a few articles of clothing T_T
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No one's behavior has been particularly out of the ordinary.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Besides my own, my little sister's. I don't want to know how she's going to react to the real world. I mean, when we play video games, any time I beat her she starts bitching about how I was "cheating" and "it's not fair." When she wins, she makes excuses like "it's only because _______." Also, Colin's sometimes, but he knows and we won't go into that.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to college, getting a job I enjoyed, and finally having a social life.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
"Walk" by Pantera. RIP Dimebag.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder: About the same.
Older or wiser: Of course I'm older than I was at this time last year. XP
Thinner or fatter: Fatter by about 15-20 pounds. >.>;
Richer or poorer: Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Talking to Colin.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Talking in general (not to Colin), making an ass out of myself, putting shit off.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At my maternal grandparents' new house in Idaho, wishing I could have more than a surreptitious spoonful of daiquiri, because they're damn tasty.
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve?
Hopefully with friends, if not then either in the car on the way home or at home sulking.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Sure did.
23. How many one-night stands?
Zero- I can't see myself doing that.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Forensic Files on Court TV.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't remember if I hated Cheryl Kastle quite so much as I do now.
26. What was the best book you read?
Fast Food Nation or Lies my Teacher Told Me.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
KMFDM, bebbeh.
28. What did you want and get?
A tablet for the computer, a boyfriend, and an Xbox.
29. What did you want and not get?
Seeing Acid Steve happy without me, and sane parents.
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Mystic River (or was that last year?), Hero, Saved!, Shaun of the Dead, LotR 3.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 18, and Colin took me to a lecture on gravitational waves after dinner at Olive Garden.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Money and my own place.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
More goth, but at the same time more colorful. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my style.
34. What kept you sane?
Meditation, music, Gaia, sleep.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Meh... if any, Johnny Depp.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same as anyone... the election. I live in a patently blue state, so I didn't bother voting.
37. Who did (do) you miss?
Still miss Acid Steve sometimes. Not in a way that I'd dump Colin for him, I just want to hear from him once in a while and know he's happy and doing well (assuming he's still alive).
38. Who were the best new person/people you met?
Colin, Lord Master Carlson, Frank, Ben, Justin, Cin & Leeny, John.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
I'm not telling. Some would find it hurtful in a way I would not find entertaining.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I got a whole damn song.

"Oblivious" by Orgy

Make up your mind

You couldn't make me
Any more crazy
Than I could stand to be
So won't you just sympathize with me
And all the things I do to make you angry with me
What's wrong with me today
You say I leave you all alone
Every time you call me
As if you needed reason to fall down
I know this must be hard for you to understand
And all this waiting takes too long for me

Make up your mind

You don't even know what's good for you
You better keep your eyes on me
Maybe you're oblivious inside
And it's scary that you don't know
Your chances fade away
Fade away sometimes
Maybe you're oblivious inside
No you can't deny me
And I don't want to see you go away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home