Thursday, January 27, 2005

By popular demand...

... on the part of one person, I bring you the only decent poems I have ever written. Before anyone asks, I am a huge fan of e.e. cummings which is why some of them are really freakin' weird. The first three were done on a magnetic-poetry site in sophomore year:

remember and understand
I flew in a silent night
and whispered
biting music
to a baby
.........boy
............king
................ghost
or something
I was so different
......................little
.........................sad
when he cried over a glowing black monster

devour an angel
she is a blind broken flower
ghost celebrated every velvet morning blaze
daughter child always smokes
haunted marble animal
cold porcelain secret
I remember warm glass
voice surround those
woman baby killed
poison fool laugh
kiss a magic star
no self desire

imagined answer
take a bite of rain or
hold that princess castle
................................barn
a ghost dreaming
inside my body
moon candy for dinner
we want more &
I know

This was written right after my parents told me I couldn't see Acid Steve any more:

steve
he led me into
the smoke-dark night
and shot-up alleys
behind his eyes

i led him into
the smoke-burnt rooms
and abandoned halls
behind my eyes

he knows that
the taste of pain
is sweet
in my throat

i know that
his pain
is sweeter
than most

he wants me
to bring him
to his knees
before me

i want him
to stand
so i can
look up

he knows
i am human
but thinks i am more
i want him to
see

i know
he runs in fire
but thinks it is water
he wants me to
come

7.3.02

So there you have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home