Monday, March 06, 2006

FUCK YOU

This one had me so upset I was literally shaking for ten minutes after she left.

It was busy as hell in drive thru and I gave this lady her drink without noticing that it was really full and it was coming out the lid a bit. She hands it back to me and says it's too full and to pour off a bit, which I do.

THEN, in what was the most condescending voice anyone has ever spoken to me in since I was old enough to know the meaning of the word, she said, "You know, you really need to be mindful of that! It gets all over the place! And blah blah blah..." You really have no idea. She was talking to me (20 years old next month) like a day-care lady talks to an errant two-year-old. I was fucking insulted as all hell, and I guess it showed on my face because SHE KEPT RIGHT ON GOING. I just apologized again, and it was all I could do not to slam the window in her face. Her parting comment: "Well, you look like you just don't care." BRAVO! How very perceptive of you! *golf clap*

I pride myself on being endlessly, disgustingly perky at my shithole job, and this is the only time where I could not pull that off. I just had no words. I HATE HATE HATE being talked down to, more than anything in the world. It brings out such a visceral reaction in me that there's nothing I can do to hide it. At least the rest of the shift was decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home