Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Argument for Suicide

I'm currently taking four classes on top of my two jobs. The two jobs take up about 80% of my weekend time. I have four weekends before the quarter ends. This is what I am expected to do over those weekends:

DRAWING AND CHARACTERIZATION:
Create a character for a game or movie, and write a backstory for him/her. Do the following:

Facial expressions: enjoyment, anger, fear, surprise, disgsust, sadness

Sculpture: Must be fully sculpted; painted for extra credit. Will take about three weeks. We're starting it TODAY.

Turnaround: 4 views of character
-Pose must be same as sculpture (turnaround cannot be started until sculpture is complete)
-One pose in linework
-One as a construction
-One fully rendered in b/w
-One fully rendered in color
-Include back story for character

Gestures: 8-10 poses in line with blue pencil and graphite; color for extra credit

Motion study: 5 key poses of a movement. Can be rendered in line, value or color; full color and value for extra credit.

Promotional piece: work promoting character and movie or game it's in
-In color
-Must have text
-Can be done on the computer

------------------

CONCEPTS IN MODERN MATH

Research a topic discussed in class, write a 1-3 page paper with works cited included

------------------

3-D DESIGN

Final not yet discussed

----------------

IMAGE MANIPULATION

Final due Thursday, no biggie. At least I don't think there's another project.

---------------------

All my teachers are telling me "weekends are the key to getting this done on time." Yeah, well, I have no weekends, okay? Fuck you, Surdo, and your damn D&C project. I've got two jobs that kill my weekends as it is, I don't need you telling me how much I need to work on this over the weekend. I can't even START part of it until three weeks from now; I can't start ANY of it until you okay the layout. I nicked my finger shaving my legs this morning, right by the nail, and it's bleeding like a sonofabitch. GOD DAMN. We had better have Memorial Day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home