Friday, March 03, 2006

Thanks for the help, cunt

Today I agreed to work 6-9 PM to cover for someone else after working 10-5 at my other job. I went in and it was an absolute madhouse, and the only person on front counter was completely new... it was his first day, and I was given the task of training him. Okay, fine. I hate training people, but I can deal. He seemed to be doing okay.

It got busier, and since he never once asked for help I figured he was doing okay. I soon noticed, however, that it was taking him ten damn minutes to punch in a single order, and he wasn't doing anything at all to help anything go faster (getting things from the fridge right behind him and such). At some points he wasn't even taking orders... basically just sitting there with his thumb up his ass.

I get put on the other register and after an hour he goes home. Here's where it got REAL bad.

I was the only person on front counter, and I had no runner so I had to fill all my own orders. Soon enough the lobby filled with people coming for dinner, placing enormous $25 orders one after the other. I'm sprinting all over the place trying to fill them, and who should come in the door but the manager's sister. She orders two double filet-o-fishes and two single fof meals. We have no filets. Gotta wait for them to cook. It took TEN MINUTES to fill her order, and you know I'm going to hear about it from the manager.

Some guy comes in with his family and they place a huge order including two shamrock shakes. I apparently gave him the wrong change, and figure in my head what it should have been. EXCUSE ME I couldn't do it in under five seconds, douche, if you'd been working since 10 this morning you'd be a bit tired too. On top of that, the shake machine got stopped up and I asked the other guy there if he knew how to clean it. He said "Okay, you take this out *takes part out* and, uh, there's some button you push to clean it. I don't know." Okay, so you just partially disassembled the shake machine, and you don't even know what to do? Now that THAT problem has been made worse, I have to go look for the shift manager. She's in the bathroom. Okay. Wait, wait, wait. She's not coming out. The lobby is full and I'm taking orders as best I can. Wait, wait, wait. People are getting pissy. Manager's sister is looking irritated. Wait, wait, wait. She finally comes out and fixes it, but not without bitching at me for taking it apart, as if I was the one who did.

It only gets busier, and guess what the shift manager was doing during most of this as we ran our asses ragged?

Sitting in the lobby, shooting the shit with a former employee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home