Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The rules of logic still apply to you after you have kids.

I am 18 years old, and I am "grounded" until I can cough up $120.

Before now, I paid my insurance by never getting an allowance for the chores I do around the house, and paying the $40 extra that my $20/week allowance didn't cover. This month, my parents decided that from now on, I have to pay all the insurance at once.

Because we drove to the grandparents in Idaho, spending six days on the road and five days there because my parents thought driving was a good idea, I only worked for the first half of December. Center Stage was closed the first week of January. I started working at McD the third week of January. Bottom line is, due to all this I have not received a single paycheck over $80 yet this month. I usually get about $135 every other week from Center Stage, which is more than enough. But now, my parents say that if I can't pay them $120 now, then I'm not making enough money. They failed to come up with any suggestions as to how I might go about making more, and were unmoved by the fact that because I went along on their trip, I gave up about $270 that I could have made had I stayed home. They don't care that I'm using twice as much gas for my car now that I go to school twice as many days a week and have two jobs now to drive to and from. I bet I'll be expected to cover the gas my sister uses (she has her permit now, heaven help us all).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home